OGR DWG support is based on libopencad, so the list of supported DWG (DXF)
versions can be seen in libopencad documentation. All drawing entities are
separated into layers as they are in DWG file, not in 1 layer as DXF Driver does.
DWG files are considered to have no georeferencing information through OGR.
Features will all have the following generic attributes:
- CADGeometry: CAD Type of the presented geometry.
- Thickness: Thickness of the object drawing units (if it's not supported
by this type, it is set to 0.0).
- Color (RGB): IntegerList contains R,G,B components of the color.
- ExtendedEntity: Where available, extended entity attributes all appended
to form a single text attribute.
The following element types are supported:
The driver is read-only.
- POINT: Produces a simple point geometry feature.
- LINE: Translated as a LINESTRING. Rounded polylines (those with their
vertices' budge attributes set) will be tessellated. Single-vertex
polylines are translated to POINT.
- CIRCLE, ARC: Translated as a CIRCULARSTRING.
- 3DFACE: Translated as POLYGON.